- Client :
- Aone+ Area 7 ASC
- Location :
- A45 Barnes Meadow
- Date :
- March and April 2015
- Products :
- Sentinel LEJ 90 Longitudinal Joint (Stirling Lloyd) and Tecfast Concrete Repair
Installation of the Sentinel LEJ Joint was carried out by Route One as part of a larger package of works which included replacement of the Sentinel EMR Joints.
Route One carried out a site survey (pre-construction) to locate the longitudinal air gap within the central reservation. Once located the existing asphalt was excavated by non- mechanical means to a minimum of 150mm either side of the air gap.
Shuttering was then installed to the air gap prior to concrete been placed which would then allow installation of the LEJ.
Tecfast concrete repair was placed in bays of 2m in length in a chequer board way to allow for shrinkage. Once the Tecfast had been placed the LEJ was then installed.
- Early contractor involvement on installation technique and materials (Tecfast)
- Tecfast used for its strength and rapid curing capabilities
- 161m of Sentinel LEJ installed and 8.4tonne Tecfast in 11No shifts all as submitted programme
- LEJ works ran alongside other works carried out by supply chain to utilise closures
For more information on Longitudinal Joints call 01977 799999
05 Apr 2017
Route One Highways were employed in 2014 by Skanska to complete the Waterproofing and Expansion Joint works to the £191 million new interchange.Read More
"Very happy with Route One's service from price to reliability on site and final finished product."